This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and purchase an item, I will receive a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure page in the drop-down menu above.
I’m pretty sure it’s going to take me until April to stop writing 2017. Thank goodness checks aren’t a big thing anymore or I’d be messing up every single one! I know its silly but I can’t believe another year has come and gone. I swear they go by faster these days. Ugh, is that a sign that I’m getting old? If it is, be kind and don’t tell me. But seriously, I’m in my 30s and in a few short weeks, I will have not one but TWO teenagers. How in the world did this happen? Again, don’t tell me.
2017 was a productive year. I think maybe time goes faster when you are busy? Anyway, I’ve been sitting here reflecting on the old and planning for the new. There’s something about looking back at where I’ve been that helps me figure out where I’m at and where I want to go. There were some ups and downs, bumps and bruises, but the good definitely outweighed the bad.
- Hosting a pop-up shop & getting my pieces into some fun local stores.
- Creative adventures like writing for KSL, trying new products/techniques, and being part of the Inspire My Creativity Link Party.
- Opening my very own Etsy shop.
- Working on lots of fun furniture, including one fabulous red piano!
- Taking 3rd place in my category for the General Finishes Design Challenge.
- Not enough outdoor time for this nature loving girl!
I’ve made up my mind, adventure awaits in 2018!
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -Helen Keller- I’ve been trying to figure out my word for 2018 and nothing felt right until this morning when I opened up my new planner and found this. Bam! Adventure awaits. Happy New Year, friends! What is your word, resolution, goal, focus or the vibe you’re embracing for 2018?
- Blah health. But to be honest, I shouldn’t look at it as a low. Though I have my frustrating days and I’d really like my body to move as fast as my mind wants to, I really have come a long way this past year. I’m figuring out how to take better care of myself and I’m learning how to allow myself more grace. Grace. That is a really big thing, you guys. Some aspects of life will just always be there, no matter how much we complain, right? The cards have been dealt but how I choose to play them, well, that’s on me.
- My house projects have been pretty stagnant. I’ve lived way too long in this place to not have it feel more like home! I spent so much time doing pieces for other people’s houses that I didn’t have time to spend on my own. I love restoring furniture and I will probably always have some furniture makeover up my sleeve but this next year I want to spend a little more time on my own home instead of someone else’s.
Things are going to be changing for me in 2018! I’ve got a new business venture in the works which will hopefully mean I’ll be bringing in a bit more money. Some extra cash means I can take my kids on more adventures and get more done here at the house so watch for renovations, projects, and family fun popping up this year! It may mean less furniture for sale, but I promise there will still be plenty of DIY. I’m excited to see where it all leads!
I hope you love it like I do.
Speaking of love, based on your visits, here are the top 5 posts of 2017!
Top 5 Posts of 2017:
By far, this was my very favorite project to work on all year so I am thrilled you liked this post! The concept will always be near and dear to my heart and can’t be talked about or taught enough. I am convinced that this world would be a better place if even a few of us worked a little harder at living the code. Leave it better than you found it.
I still have some Adventure Patches available in my Etsy shop, so stop over there and grab some!
I should have known you’d love these because who doesn’t love a sheet pan full of gooey peanut buttery chocolate goodness? These aren’t the dry hockey pucks they try to pass off for peanut butter bars at the local diner. Nope, nope!
And lunch ladies everywhere are still mad at me for sharing.
I love that this post resonated with you guys.
Writing about Grandpa and his sweet brother was healing for me. Tomorrow marks 6 years since Grandpa left this life. You have no idea how much it would mean to him to know that his story touched your heart. I can’t thank you enough for your shares, kind comments, messages, and love. I am so grateful!
This project was a blast to work on and was one of the only pieces I did for myself all year. I entered it into the General Finishes Design Challenge on a whim. Who’d have thought a piece from the dump would win a prize in a national contest? Just goes to show what a little elbow grease and magic can do!
Holy cow! This post rocked my 2017 Pinterest world! Glaze is such a fun medium to work with and can give a variety of results. I’m so happy that y’all found this post so helpful! I’m taking this as a clue that you want more technique tutorials so in 2018 I’ll be rolling up my sleeves. Maybe I’ll finally figure out that whole Youtube/Video/Facebook Live thing. Maybe. I dunno.
2017 has been a fantastic, purpose-filled ride. So much has changed in the 12 months. The things I have learned! I’m looking forward to what 2018 has to offer and couldn’t be more thrilled to choose my own adventure!
Happy New Year, sweet friends!